The topic is very important in respect of our society. Quality education for our children is a vital issue in current glove. Mass media spread information regarding anything that is happening in any corner of the glove.
Data from four types of research—news diffusion studies, time trends, a newspaper strike, and a field experiment—are consistent with the general hypothesis that increasing the flow of news on a topic leads to greater acquisition of knowledge about that topic among the more highly educated segments of society. Theoretically we believe that mass media has a third eye on everything. So it’s monitoring for ensuring quality education is an important factor.
In some cases the relationship between the mass media and education are in blame-games. The media shouldn’t just be a watchdog and education departments cannot be isolated or out of the public eye.
“Education today, therefore, has a far greater responsibility than it had ever before. It has to meet the demands of a dynamic world which change its character every day. Contemporary education has to be more comprehensive and complete than it was ever before. The role of the various agencies of education like home, society, community etc. has consequently increased, so has the role of the mass media like television, radio, cinema, newspaper increased.”
The role of mass Media
- Educational Program in TV and radio
- Tutorials in Newspapers and social media
- Awareness programs to motivate for child education
- Stories for inspiration
- Television can teach kids moral values and life lessons.
- Educational radio broadcast helps in the long run, to make learning an open system.
- Press not only collects information, they also present their own views on issues.